The Haverhill Historical Society is an all-volunteer organization of 250-plus members which was established in 1965 with a mission to collect, preserve, and utilize for educational purposes materials which document and illustrate the history of the town (granted in 1763) and surrounding area.
Housed for most of its existence in the town library, the Society has exciting plans for renovating Pearson Hall, an 1816 former academy and county court building located on the town common in the
heart of the Haverhill Corner National Register Historic District. It also sponsors an active seasonal schedule of lectures and tours, and a fourth-grade school program conducted in the Ladd Street School (1849), a one-room schoolhouse which the Society has owned since 1980 and restored.
The Society’s collections consist of a wide array of locally-made or used artifacts including an important group of portraits, furniture and other decorative arts objects, family and business papers, photographs, historical memorabilia and tools. The collection has grown steadily in recent years; the Society actively seeks further additions of appropriate materials by gift or purchase.
Additional gifts and donations are welcome and may be sent to:
Haverhill Historical Society
PO Box 25
Haverhill, NH 03765